Welcome to the 2013 season of Yard Sale Secrets. Today we are officially kicking off our summer coverage for the yard sale scene here in York County, Pa. We get a lot of readers from York, of course, but we also pull in traffic from around the country thanks to our wide variety of tips.
Our posting schedule will be:
- MONDAYS: GREAT BUYS – A look at some of the items we picked up over the weekend. You can join in by e-mailing your own photos and descriptions by Sunday evening to email@example.com. If you do please put “Yard Sale Secrets” in the subject line.
- WEDNESDAYS: TIPS FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS – We post new tips each week, so keep an eye out for them to make your yard sale experience even more rewarding.
- THURSDAYS: BEST BETS – A weekly look at the best bets as advertised in The York Dispatch’s classified section. You can see them in the paper itself, or at the online yard sale listings.
Since it’s still early in the season, the classified listings aren’t as robust as they often are. Still, there’s a few notable events happening this weekend.
- Over at 4775 Bull Road, you can find some name-brand clothing items, primitive items and a cherry desk and chair. The Dover sale is Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The sale at 795 Windsor Road in Red Lion looks good for the craft-loving folks in your house. We are intrigued by their offer of dried gourds, which are suitable for painig. They also have a windmill, costume jewelry and Longaberger items.
- Seven Valleys’ New Hope Bible Church is holding a “Pennies for Heaven” sale, which promises reasonably priced goods. The Saturday-only sale runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Among the community-wide yard sales that captured our eye was the Saturday sale from 7 a.m. until “whenever” at the Woodmont Estates, Crossings and Hearthridge developments. Sounds like a big one! Get there off Route 30 and the Susquehanna Trail North and then go to Woodmont Drive.
- Another sale that shows promise is in the Penn State Estates community. The Friday-Saturday sale on South Maurice Street has furniture and country items.
Weekend weather, according to abc27, looks a little dicey for yard sales. Scattered showers are predicted for Friday and Saturday with a high of 80 on Friday, followed by a 70-degree day on Saturday.
CHECK OUT THE APP
Yard Sale Secrets, in conjunction with The York Dispatch and the York Newspaper Co., now has a yard sale app for iPhone and Android phones. The app helps you locate all the yard sales advertised on MediaOnePa, which includes sites in York, Hanover, Chambersburg and Lebanon. Zip to the bottom of this page for a link to the app.
Yep, the Yard Sale Secrets has adopted Twitter. We might only use it sporadically, but we welcome you to join us. We especially hope to use it on Saturdays (and some Fridays) when we are out on the road. Join Yard Sale Secrets on Twitter now!
MORE YARD SALE INFORMATION
Got a question for us here at Yard Sale Secrets? Or, even better, a great tip on selling or buying? Then leave a comment for us and we’ll respond in an upcoming post. We love to hear from other yard sale fanatics!
YOUR WEEKEND MISSION
If you’re hosting a yard sale this weekend, take some pictures of your event set up. We would love to see it. If you’re heading out to some sales, lets see some pictures of your loot! E-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in an upcoming Yard Sale Secrets post.Read More