Best bets for Oct. 3-4
There’s slim pickings in the yard sale advertising this week, but we’ll still point out the best bets of the week.
The weather forecast is far from promising this weekend. There’s a chance of rain on Friday and Saturday, but only a chance. Thursday yard sales will face a foggy morning too. Get the up-to-date details on the weekend weather from our pals at The York Dispatch.
GROUP YARD SALES
- IN THE PARKING LOT: Glades Auction on Druck Valley Road is hosting a “community yard sale.” Saturday only.
- SPRINGVALE: Look for signs near Red Lion that direct you to Springvale Road. Saturday only.
- Did we miss some? Check out the listings!
- Somebody’s moving to Texas, and they’re emptying out the house at 3875 Board Road in Manchester. Friday only.
- A sale at 542 Short Road in East Berlin is unloading oil cans, a treadle sewing machine, a cedar chest and a set of leather saddle bags. Thursday though Saturday
- Look for a sale between Stillmeadow and Brandywine at Kayla Boulevard where you’ll find bar items, XXL-sized clothes, and pocket books. Thursday through Saturday.
- On the hunt for snowmen? How about a collection of 50 of them? Head over to 6862 Seneca Ridge Drive off exit 10 on I-83. Saturday only.
- There’s a laundry list of items at 1396 Timber Court off Messersmith Road and Tunnel Hill Road, which is all south of Spring Grove. We’ll just go ahead and relist it: “Thousands of baseball cards (years 1992 thru 2010), Wood globe-shaped wine baron castor wheels (24″ diameter), Oversized wood rocking chair, Wash stand with marble top, dry sink, Longaberger, Pfaltzgraff, Thomas the Train, Eddie Bauer cradle, 3-wheel baby jogger, hundreds of books of all kinds, Beverly Lewis, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, Chicken Soup, Cookbooks, comics, many more well known authors, brand new Christmas, tools, glassware, Halloween, many more items.” Whew! Thursday through Saturday.
For more on these yard sales as well as the complete list, check out The York Dispatch classifieds.
CHECK OUT THE APP
Yard Sale Secrets, in conjunction with The York Dispatch and the York Newspaper Co., now has a yard sale app for iPhone and Android phones. The app helps you locate all the yard sales advertised on MediaOnePa, which includes sites in York, Hanover, Chambersburg and Lebanon. Zip to the bottom of this page for a link to the app.
Yep, the Yard Sale Secrets has adopted Twitter. We might only use it sporadically, but we welcome you to join us. We especially hope to use it on Saturdays (and some Fridays) when we are out on the road. Join Yard Sale Secrets on Twitter now!
MORE YARD SALE INFORMATION
Got a question for us here at Yard Sale Secrets? Or, even better, a great tip on selling or buying? Then leave a comment for us and we’ll respond in an upcoming post. We love to hear from other yard sale fanatics!
YOUR WEEKEND MISSION
If you’re hosting a yard sale this weekend, take some pictures of your event set up. We would love to see it. If you’re heading out to some sales, lets see some pictures of your loot! E-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in an upcoming Yard Sale Secrets post.