Best bets for Aug. 3-4
Here are our best bets, as described in the York Dispatch’s classified section:
- A sale at 114 S. Rockburn St. off Eastern Blvd. has a sale on Friday and Saturday starting at 8 a.m. features medical equipment, Christmas items, furniture, quilts, area rugs and much more. Not sure about buying used medical equipment, but it might interesting.
- At the corner of Honey Valley and Sparton Rds. in Dallastown has a Singer sewing machine and an electric typewriter for sale. The sale runs Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day. While people still use sewing machines, we wonder about typewriters. They do look nice on a desk though.
- First sale in 20 years! 1386 Druck Valley Rd. in East York. The sale will be held on Friday and Saturday from 8-2. Lots of treasures for everyone. Rain or shine. Note that they mention “first sale in 20 years.” this could be good.
SPORTSMAN’S YARD SALE
- There is a huge sportsman’s yard sale at the Manchester Fire Hall at 201 York Street in Manchester. This sale has a juke box that plays 45′s, hunting, fishing and trapping supplies, lots of fishing rods, guns and hunting clothes. The sale is on Saturday ONLY from 7-3.
COMMUNITY YARD SALES
- In Loganville, the annual Logan’s Reserve community yard sale will be held on Saturday from 8-2. 30 or more families are participating in the sale. Take Susquehanna Trail; turn onto Reynolds Mill Road at new Rutter’s and True Value. They issue a “no early birds” warning, by the way.
- Rain or shine neighborhood yard sale on Thornbridge, Northvue, Butternut Roads is holding a sale on Friday and Saturday from 8-4. Collectibles, furniture, Longaberger baskets, holiday decor, school and office supplies, car parts and baby, kids and adult clothes.
Friday is going to be mostly sunny with a high of 92 and Saturday will be cloudy with a high of 90.
Start your yard saling early before it gets too hot!