Best bets July 20-21
With the sweltering temps ready to break, this should be a lovely weekend for a yard sale. Friday is supposed to be overcast with highs only in the lower 70s. Saturday gets a tad warmer, in the low 80s. Thunderstorms are possible both days, but the forecast still looks nicer than the last several weekends.
Here are our best bets, as taken from The York Dispatch classifieds:
- Pine Springs Community in Spring Grove holds a yard sale Friday and Saturday starting at 7 both days. This one boasts lots of everything, including plumbing, electrical, Fenton glass and military items.
- In Spry, a multi-family sale at Paula Drive and Old Colony Road Friday and Saturday has country CD’s, Jack LaLane juicer and 60s lights.
- The annual Yorklyn community sale is Friday and Saturday with more than 20 homes. “Come with an open mind and imagination to find that special item,” the ad says.
- A multi-family sale at 205 and 207 Kendale Road in Red Lion Friday and Saturday goes 8-5 both days. This one has a flat screen monitor.
- The Crestwood East neighborhood has a sale Thursday through Saturday with more than 17 houses involved. The ad warns DO NOT MISS OUT!
- A sale Friday and Saturday at 2875 York Haven Road has cast iron kettles, boat cover, case of Coke bottles and fishing rods.
- A HUGE moving sale at 27 Valley Road in Shrewsbury goes 9-5 both days and has household goods, shoes, patterns and fabric, camping potty and “much, much more including the house!”
Support your veterans yard sale/bake sale is Friday and Saturday at the VFW at 333 Eberts Lane in Springettsbury Township. It’s a multi-family sale. Kuhn Dog Chicken BBQ on Saturday starts at noon. Dog chicken?