Yorkers love their yard sales. There's no disputing that.
From families looking to get rid of years of, umm, "treasure," to whole neighborhoods cleaning out their attics, to church parking lots filled with vendors' wares, we take yard sales pretty seriously around here.
The York Dispatch hosts the forum for yard sale sellers and buyers in the York area. Yard Sale Secrets offers tips on how to sell, how to buy, how to spot a deal, where to find the best yard sales and much more.
Dispatch staffers will help you each weekend with our "best bets," culled from the Yard Sale section of the York Dispatch classifieds. Then, every Monday, we'll show you what treasures we found.
And of course, we encourage fellow yard sale enthusiasts to offer ideas and leave comments. Please read our comment policy first.
- Best Bets for May 17-18
- Yard sale on a time-crunch: How to prep a yard sale in seven days
- Mother’s Day rescue from a rainy weekend
- The 2013 yard sale season is here
- Sammy Kershaw and the country music yard sale
- Parking woes at the big sales
- Yard sale scores include toes, lumberjacks and lighthouses
- How to create a fundraising yard sale
- Perfect example of a themed yard sale
- 4 things to do in February to prepare for your yard sale
- Restaurant inspections for May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball tickets May 18, 2013
- Corbett gets cool reception at Millersville graduation May 18, 2013
- Police: 6-year-old boy kicked by pony on Lancaster County farm dies May 18, 2013
- Red Lion board votes 8-1 on hiring new teacher May 18, 2013