Well, school is out. College is out. Vacations are picking up. You can expect a lot of people out this weekend.
Here are our best bets, as described in the York Dispatch’s classified section:
- One of the homes on Gunnison Road in West Manchester Township is downsizing their cookbook collection in a Saturday-only sale.
- A sale on Fourth Street in the Saginaw section of Mount Wolf has a sale Friday and Saturday that includes paintings, prints and old picture frames. Since they mention both prints and paintings, we’re hoping some of those paintings are originals.
- Another ad gives detailed instructions on how to get to the sale, but doesn’t tell us what’s at the sale. Maybe they have something so good they want to keep it a secret. That one is a multi-family affair at 3762 Fox Chase Drive in Dover.
- The big fellers in your life can fill out their Steelers collection in a Red Lion sale on First Avenue. The sale is Friday and Saturday.
- Stock up on your fishing gear for Father’s Day at a sale at Ace Hardware’s yard sale at 4335 N. George St. in Manchester.
- Dover’s Meadow View Estates will have more than a dozen homes hosting sales on Friday and Saturday.
- “Downtown” Emigsville is planning a sale on Friday and Saturday. Stop in for some chicken barbeque as well. But come on, is there really much “downtown” to Emigsville?
- There’s actually a lot of community sales listed in the classifieds. It will be hard to hit them all.
This yard sale season has been blessed with some great weather, and it continues this weekend too. The skies should be mostly clear and temps will be in the high 70s. That’s great weather to do practically anything!Read More