Best bets for June 8-9
Wow, every day this week would have been a great one to hold a yard sale, and the weekend looks to be no different.
Forecast calls for lots of sun and warm temperatures. Perfect for getting out and looking at other people’s stuff, or selling your own.
And lots of folks are holding sales this weekend. Here’s our best bets, culled from The York Dispatch classifieds.
NEIGHBORHOOD AND MULTI-FAMILY SALES
- Looking for hunting and fishing gear as well as antiques? Check out the multi-family sale Friday and Saturday starting at 8 both days at 4590 Dairy Road off Route 24 in Red Lion.
- A multi-family sale at 2215 Landon Lane in York Township 8-3 Friday and Saturday features lots of stuff, including a clothes dryer.
- A “huge, huge” yard sale Friday and Saturday is at the corner of Hill N Dale and Daleview, off Tyler Run Road in York Township.
- On the east side, a neighborhood sale with 15-plus houses is Thursday through Saturday, starting at 8, at 830 Woods Drive off Locust Grove Road. Sales are throughout the development.
- Four families are together in Penn Oaks South for a yard sale Friday and Saturday on Cimmeron Road. This one is dangerously close to one of our “Yard Sale Secrets” writer’s homes. Yippee!
- Sentry Woods in Springettsbury Township has a Saturday only sale from 8 to 2.
INTERESTING ITEMS FOR SALE
- That “huge, huge” yard sale Friday and Saturday at the corner of Hill N Dale and Daleview, off Tyler Run Road in York Township, features Star Trek videos, the first through the last all in original boxes. Oh and a washer and dryer, too, but those are not nearly as fun as Star Trek.
- A sale in Dover at the corner of Emig Mill and Salem Church roads Thursday through Sunday has lots of sewing items. Do people still sew? I guess these people don’t anymore.
MOST INTERESTING SALE
Here’s a new one: A sale in Manchester Township at 55 Riding Silks Lane is a HUGE BOGO SALE. But it’s only for five hours on Saturday, 7 a.m. to noon. Small timeframe, large savings, so says the ad. (Anyone who doesn’t know what BOGO means needs to turn in their shopaholic’s card.)