Looks like it could be a wet weekend for yard sales. The forecast calls for thunderstorms both Friday and Saturday. Which means, of course, we might not get any rain at all.
Still, be prepared. Make sure you have a garage area to move to if we get a big storm.
But don’t let the forecast keep you from going out to shop. There are a slew of yard sales in The York Dispatch classifieds.
Here’s are best bets:
- A mega yard sale Saturday at 2575 and 2675 Eastern Boulevard in East York benefits Leadership York’s Class of 2012. Rain date is June 9.
- Grace Fellowship Church, south of Route 30 on Route 616, has a three-day indoor sale today through Saturday. Most clothes are $3 a bag. All yard sale items are half price on Friday. Come fill a box, the ad says, for $1-$3 on Saturday. Proceeds benefit the church building fund.
- The 22nd annual Hallam Borough Community Sale is Saturday, rain or shine. Food is available at area churches.
- Springwood community yard sale is Friday and Saturday 8-4, off Camp Betty Washington and Springwood to Chestnut Hill.
- West York community yard sale is Friday through Sunday 8-4 on Robin Road near West Market and Route 30.
OTHERS WE LIKE
- All Brittany developments ard sale is Saturday from 7-1 off Greenbriar and Bull roads in Manchester Township.
- A “big, first time” multi-family sale at 9237 Yellow Church Road in Seven Valleys is Friday and Saturday from 8-3. First-timers are usually great pickins.’
- The annual indoor yard sale at Dreamwrights is Friday and Saturday, starting at 9. “It’s HUMUNGOUS,” says the ad.
- Penn Oaks South has a downsizing sale this weekend AND next weekend at 3718 Long Point Drive. If it’s two weekends long, you know there’s going to be lots for sale.
MOST INTERESTING AD
A plant sale at 28 Campus Court in Spring Grove Friday and Saturday offers a wide variety of hosta, assorted perennials and Japanese Males. Excuse me? (We think they were going for maples, not males)