Best bets for May 11-12
Wow, it looks like the weather is going to be great for yard sales this weekend.
Here’s our best bets from The York Dispatch classifieds:
- Mount Wolf Borough community yard sale will be held on Friday and Saturday starting at 8 a.m. both days. Featuring 30-plus homes from Main Street through 8th Street. This one usually involves a lot of walking or jumping in and out of the car. But, ooh boy, nice stuff.
- The old East York neighborhood will host their annual yard sale on Saturday from 8 a.m. until noon. Did you know the old East York neighborhood is listed on the national registry of historic places? It’s located in East York north of Market St. south of Rt. 30 and stretches from N. Hills Road to Memory Lane.
- In the Red Lion area there’s a yard sale at 1470 Burkholder Rd. The sale will be held today, Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. They list lots of items for sale including perennials, kitchen items, garden tools, toys, books and clothing.
- A yard sale at 1250 Greenwood Road in Dover will be held on Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days. This yard sale features antiques, enamelware, tinware, peanut jars, power tools, crafts and household items. Sounds like a really good one for the avid antique collector!
YOU’RE SELLING WHAT?
- A yard sale at 320 N. Hawthorne St., is putting a mannequin out.
- A Dover yard sale at 4681 S. Salem Church Road offers Avon merchandise from the 1980s. We’re assuming you’re not talking about old makeup and perfume.
A lovely weekend is on tap with mostly sunny skies on Friday and Saturday with temperatures in the low 70′s on Friday and high 70′s on Saturday.