The York Dispatch classifieds are filled with yard sale listings today, far more than this time last year. And that’s good news for all of us yard-salers.
The bad news is that it looks like a spotty weekend weather-wise. Friday is clearly the best day of the two, with sunny skies but temperatures only in the low 60s. Saturday has rain in the forecast, but it sounds like it might come late.
So here are our best bets for this weekend:
(great for cold and/or rain)
- Otterbein U.M. Church in Spry has a huge indoor yard sale Friday 8-6 and Saturday 8-1. Antiques, toys, furniture.
- Central York High School on Mundis Mill Road is hosting the annual CYEA yard sale. Organizers boast the sale will be “bigger than ever!” More than 60 families on Saturday, 8-1 p.m.
- In East Berlin, the “BIGGEST YARD SALE IN ADAMS COUNTY!” is Saturday from 8 to 2 at the East Berlin Community Center on North Avenue. It’s indoors and outdoors and says it will have hundreds of vendors.
- The 200 block of South Fourth Street in Mount Wolf is the place for a sale that starts at 8 both Friday and Saturday.
- Heritage Farm in New Freedom is having a community yard sale on Saturday from 8-2. Lots of stuff.
- Yorkana Community yard sale is Friday and Saturday starting at 8 both days. Features breakfast and lunch at the fire hall Saturday.
- The best ad this week boasts high-end cat furniture - new. Really, this private sale between Red Lion and East York on Saturday will feature “several pieces of the highly sought-after Feline Design cat furniture brand.” You have to call 610-620-3018 for your appointment. Really.
- Second-best ad: Glen Rock Barn Sale. “Husband says ‘Get Rid of the Junque! Lots of it!”’ Friday and Saturday corner of Clearview and Walker.
HAPPY YARD SALING
There’s a lot more than just these. Don’t miss ALL the yard sale listings in the Dispatch classifieds.
WHAT DID YOU FIND?
Leave a comment or send an e-mail and let us know your great buys for the weekend. We’ll post them on Monday.Read More