Best bets for March 30-31
The weekend’s weather won’t be absolutely perfect for a yard-sale spending spree, but that hasn’t stopped people from planning them.
That alone is enough for us here at Yard Sale Secrets to launch our weekly Best Bets column.
Here’s a snapshot of the what caught our eye, as advertised in the Thursday edition of the York Dispatch.
If you’re heading into southeastern York County, you can hit two good ones:
- Chanceford Presbyterian Church will have a set up from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. that includes antiques, toys and books.
- The Fiddler’s Yard Sale at 1448 Main St. Extended in Brogue has 30 tables booked, which means more stuff in one stop.
Elsewhere, you might want to check in on:
- A sale in Dallastown’s Rydell Drive will be good for kids clothes.
- A multifamily affair across from the Springwood Golf Course promises to be “HUGE” and offers scrap-booking supplies.
- For those still trying to eke some life out of their old VHS tapes, a sale on Pine Street in York is offering a VCR, along with other more up-to-date items. That sale is outside and inside, making it rainproof.
Guys can land some big items this week:
- Lewisberry has a sale at 586 Ridge Road that includes auto parts, a whole car, lawnmowers and more. They even have a piano.
- In Dover, a house on Abby Lane includes a snowblower. With the way York weather is, you might just get a chance to use it a little later.
- A moving sale at 3240 Rosstown Road in Wellsville has some archery equipment. Look out, you might have to fight some “Hunger Games” fans for that.
Both Friday and Saturday will start out on the chilly side, according to the National Weather Service. Friday morning temperatures will be climbing out the low 30s. Saturday morning temps will start out a bit higher, with overnight lows in the 40s. Afternoon temperatures on both days are expected to be in the high 50s
The problem is that both days are predicted to have a slight chance of rain, which can wreck any chance of a good day of sales.