Best bets for June 10-11
From a practical standpoint as a seller, it totally make sense to piggyback onto someone else’s sale: More traffic, more money — or at least more of a chance for money. It’s also a heckuva lot more fun to hold a yard sale when you can visit with neighbors throughout the day.
As a buyer, it’s nice to have several sales in one general area — cuts down on driving time. And a seller at one yard sale will often guide a buyer to a neighbor’s sale if the neighbor has the item the buyer is looking for. (did that make sense?)
OK, enough chat. Onto this weekend’s best bets:
- Manchester’s Cold Springs Apartments is holding its annual sale Saturday only starting at 7 a.m. Take Main Street to Park Street.
- Glen Rock’s got a huge multi-family sale at 1755 Church St. Friday and Saturday from 8 until whenever.
- South Branch Estates in New Oxford is holding its sale today and Friday starting at 8 a.m. Set your GPS for 288 Drummer Drive.
- The condos at Wrightsville’s Cool Creek Golf Course are the location for a multi-family moving sale Friday and Saturday from 8-6 p.m.
- A four-day large sale in Spring Grove, at 242 N. Main St. across from old Best Chevrolet, features lots of stuff, including a 75-gallon fish tank. This one started Wednesday and runs through Sunday.
- Manchester Township’s Out Door Country Club area has a sale on Sherry Drive Friday and Saturday from 8-2 p.m.
- In the city, St. Paul EC/Iglesia Christiana Church on West King has a Saturday-only sale from 8-4 p.m.
- Also in the city, Calvary UM Church on North Richland has a Saturday-only sale from 8-4 p.m. as well.
- In the southern end of the county, near New Park, is a multi-family sale at 486 Davis Road (off Woolen Mill Road) Friday and Saturday as well as NEXT Friday and Saturday.
- Shrewsbury Assembly of God on North Main Street has an indoor/outdoor sale Friday and Saturday.
For more, check out the Dispatch classifieds.
INTERESTING ITEMS FOR SALE
- A multi-family sale at 575 Butter Road in Dover has Barbie collectibles and dance costumes. This might be the sale we’ve gone to in past years with a garage full of Barbie stuff. We’ll check it out.
- A multi-family sale on Plank Road between Shrewsbury and Stewartstown offers fishing lures and bows, hunting supplies, ax and sledgehammer handles and horse tack. It’s Saturday from 8-3 p.m.
- An antique estate sale on Stonewood Road in East York today and Friday offers lots of stuff, including an old beer barrel. Neat.
- A Windsor Township sale at 1235 Golden Way Friday and Saturday has everything from NASCAR items to PEZ.
- DIYers might want to check out the Wellington Greens sale through Friday that offers a radial arm saw, mitre saw, electric edger and gas trimmer. This one is at 1415 Setter Run, off Taxville Road, in West Manchester Township.
MOST BRAND NAMES LISTED IN ONE YARD SALE
A Thursday-Friday sale at 255 Blymire Road in York Township has a Thomas train, Hess truck, GI Joe books, AE and Hollister clothes, Little Tikes toy/book shelf and a Cranium Fort Set. Reads like a Christmas list.
Friday should still be pretty warm, with a high of 92 and partly sunny. Might want to keep a cooler of drinks at the ready. Saturday is a bit more temperate: Only 85 and overcast. Could be a nice day to walk around at sales.