It’s Elvis week at Yard Sale Secrets. Really, one yard sale is featuring Elvis items, and one promises that Elvis WON’T be there. (that’s enough of an excuse to use an Elvis photo)
And it looks as if the holiday weekend isn’t deterring folks from holding their yard sales. Whew! We were worried we’d have no reason to wake up at 6 a.m. Saturday. And we should have a beauty of a weekend to sit outside.
This week features a lot of unique items offered – so many that we’ve created a new Yard Sale Secrets category: Most interesting items.
Without further ado, take a look at what we think are some unique yard sale offerings. And, as always, click here for a full listing of yard sales in The York Dispatch classifieds.
MOST INTERESTING ITEMS
- A Dallastown yard sale at 700 Ridgelyn Drive today through Saturday offers an air compressor, generator, lathe and tools for you guys out there…and a cooktop stove, treadmill, old baseball gloves and baseball cards. Wait, there’s more: HotWheels and Matchbox cars, Michael and Elvis records, antique clocks and patio furniture. Wow. It also features Alex’s Lemonade Stand by grandchildren.
- If you’re looking for kitchen goods, try the moving and yard sale at 106 W. Railroad Ave. in Shrewsbury today and Friday. This one’s got kitchen appliances and pots and pans. They’re also selling two drop-side cribs and infant clothes, strollers, swing and a large fish tank.
- At 241 S. Russell St. in Springettsbury you can find Sirius radios, a mower, Sunshine Lamp and “Gone With the Wind” lamp. (that’s a new one)
- It’s books only at a Saturday yard sale on 1775 Ashland Drive in West Manchester Township. Really. All books 10 cents.
- Flower lovers can go to the perennial sale at 55 Woodland Drive Friday, Saturday and Monday.
- East Berlin Community Center at 405 North Ave. has a huge indoor sale today through Saturday with different deals each day. Today from noon to 6, it’s $10 a bag; Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. it’s $5 a bag; Saturday 8 to noon it’s $3 a bag.
- Devers Elementary School at 801 Chanceford Ave. in York City holds a Saturday only sale from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Look for Bricker’s Fries and Chilly Dill at this one.
And now, another new category: BEST NEWSPAPER AD
Hands down, this one’s a winner. At 4710 Horn Road in Hellam on Saturday is an ENORMOUS YARD SALE! (Wait, that’s not the good part). This one offers “Bargains galore, tons of items…kitchen, kids and baby clothes. Elvis Presley, Johnny Depp and Taylor Swift will probably not be here (well, Elvis will definitely not be here) but hopefully you will!” Love it.
While there’s a chance of storms (of course), we’re looking at a long weekend of hazy, hot and humid. And sun!
Happy saling!Read More