This weekend’s best bets
Hard to believe by this morning’s storms, but this weekend actually should be a good one for yard-salers. A bit cooler and sunny…we’ll get to the forecast after our picks of where to shop. And boy, oh boy, are there places to go yard-saling. Here’s some of the bigger ones.
- In Spry is a Friday and Saturday indoor yard sale at Otterbein UM Church, 50 School St. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days featuring furniture, electronics, lines, camera lenses and more. Chicken corn soup and baked goods, to boot.
- Over in Mount Wolf ‘s Sherman Oaks development is a 40-plus home yard sale we’re told is great for baby items and kids clothes. The development borders John Rudy Park and the sale is Friday and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Woodlyn Terrace on the East End has a seven-home yard sale Friday and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. that has different houses participating each day. Here you’ll find antiques, kids clothes, bedding and furniture and Polish pottery (interesting).
- On the west end, a 5o-plus home sale at Lexington Meadows (off Taxville, Derry and Sunset roads) is Friday and Saturday 8 a.m. to ?.
- West York’s Quail Heights development community yard sale is Friday and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Again, look for signs off Taxville, Sunset and Derry.
- Want to find some good bargains and help a good cause at the same time? Go to UCP of South Central Pa.’s Hanover office Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a Huge Indoor Yard Sale. Proceeds support children’s programs at UCP, such as scholarships, equipment and supplies. Items for sale include children’s clothing, toys and household items. Set your GPS for 788 Cherry Tree Court, Hanover.
- If you’re over in Hanover, you might want to head up to East Berlin for the Biggest Yard Sale in Adams County! (hey, we don’t name them). This one’s Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the East Berlin Community Center at 405 North Ave. and features 250 outside and 40 indoor spaces. And food: chicken corn and ham and bean soups. Ad says it’s to be held rain, shine or mud!
Click here for The Dispatch classifieds full yard sale listings.
We like today’s ad for the Indoor Moving Sale at 60 Knoll Lane (off North George before Emigsville.) It’s got a great WOW! sign atop the ad, but the best part is what’s for sale: “70 years accumulation of stuff.” Sounds like a whole life’s worth of goods, including (and you don’t get this often) World War II German military knives. Cool.
Friday, after a tumultuous Thursday, is expected to be a high of 62 with more clouds than sun. Watch out for muddy areas and wet lawns. Saturday, the high is 70, with more sun than clouds.